In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 50 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hi, I'm new here

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Hi, I'm new here on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:10 pm

Hello! I'm a giant lady that likes to get giant...er. I'm also kinda shy at first so I'm just end this post here silent

View user profile

2 Re: Hi, I'm new here on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:22 pm

Welcome!! I'm pretty new as well. It might be wise to add yourself to the proper group. If you have any questions (as I had several when I first started), I'm on chat pretty often. Nice to meet you!

View user profile

3 Re: Hi, I'm new here on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:30 pm

Hey there, Millie. Welcome to the server. Sadly it's down right now, but once it's up, I hope you enjoy yourself.

You might want to subscribe to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and then take a read through the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to get to know your fellow RPers' preferences, and maybe post your own, too.

Last edited by Fujiko Totoyama on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

4 Re: Hi, I'm new here on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:31 pm

Thank you. I'll be sure to do that.I already applied for the group, though.

View user profile

5 Re: Hi, I'm new here on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:33 pm

Welcome, new-blood! Hope you find everything your looking for here! It is always nice to see a new face. Smile

View user profile

6 Re: Hi, I'm new here on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:52 pm

Welcome to the server! Always happy to see new people, and don't worry about being shy.
We're all wonderful people Razz

View user profile

7 Re: Hi, I'm new here on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:53 pm

Oh, hello there! ^^ Hope you enjoy your time and and have fun at all you d-

Morgan: *suddenly appeared, a sparkle in her eyes*

... Morgan? You okay?

Morgan: ... she said she's shy... someone I can relate too! *bows low* Pl-pl-please enjoy your stay, I hope w-w-we can get along well!

^^; You always get excited when you meet someone shy, don't you?

Morgan: It means I'm not the only one, so I don't have to feel so awkward... even if I do feel kinda... awkward... right... um... H-here, have welcome package! *sets a plate of brownies at Millie's feet then quickly hides before anything else can be said*

^^; Consider yourself welcomed then... and as I was saying, hope you enjoy your time here and have fun at all you do!

View user profile

8 Re: Hi, I'm new here on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:11 pm

Hey again, Millie! Looking over your RP-interests thread, it looks like you enjoy playing a gentle giantess, which is good to see. Unfortunately, since you enjoy mega/giga/cosmic sizes, you might be a tad disappointed with the growth options around here - the game really wasn't made for handling truly huge characters. While you can reach pretty Mega sizes, your character model will look awful due to the way the game handles model level-of-detail switching. You'll also have difficulties moving around without doing a lot of fiddling with the camera commands in the console.

Typically, LoD issues start at size 30+ (about 120-180 feet, depending on how tall your character is normally), movement issues at 60+, and camera problems around 100+. As a result, those tend to be the general 'limits' most people use. When in a public RP area, or if there's a lot of other people RPing with you, it's a good idea to keep yourself at 60 and below unless you need to be bigger for story purposes. That way, you don't risk hogging up huge areas of the map. This can be especially problematic if you wear ankle-length skirts - speaking from experience on that one.

The physical limit for size is size 2000. At that size you're pretty tremendous - like "soles of your shoes bigger than most hills" tremendous. But at that size, you're going to encounter draw-distance issues. See, the game still calculates your position based on your normal size, so... if someone is standing directly between your feet, and attempts to traverse the map to get to one of your feet, you'll suddenly poof! Disappear from their vision. This is because your actual position was directly between your feet, and the game has ruled that the tiny is now too far away from that position to see you, and so you vanish to them. Similarly, long before they hit the view-distance, the tiny won't be able to hear you talk in /say, because that too has a limited range. You can kinda get around that by grouping with your RP partners and speaking in group-chat, (group chat and whispers have unlimited range) but that doesn't work for public RPs.

As a result, being mega/giga size is often not conducive to RPing, since it's not good for much beyond taking screenshots.

EDIT: Not trying to put you off playing here or anything, but I wanted you to be aware of the limits of being truly huge. I still think you might like it here - you just won't be able to really get a lot of interaction out of growing truly immense.

View user profile

9 Re: Hi, I'm new here on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:08 pm

Yeah, I already thought that I'd probably be stuck in the smaller sizes, so that's not too big an issue. Thanks for the welcome though, and explaining all the different limits and things.

View user profile

10 Re: Hi, I'm new here on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:12 pm

On the bright side, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] regarding the level of detail issue, which should hopefully alleviate one of the problems of being huge.

View user profile

11 Re: Hi, I'm new here on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:18 pm

Oh wow! That sounds amazing. It also looks like it's a lot of work, so good luck to them!

Should I make a post in the character background forum, by the way?

View user profile

12 Re: Hi, I'm new here on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:20 pm

That is entirely up to you but I enjoy reading char backgrounds and blogs. I say go for it! It is a great way for people to OOCly get to know your character. :3

View user profile

13 Re: Hi, I'm new here on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:21 pm

Millie the Giant wrote:Should I make a post in the character background forum, by the way?
Mmm, honestly? I'd suggest playing around ingame first, and getting a feel for your character, her backstory, and how it interacts with the world and other players.

It'll help you to write a story that better fits with the game world and meshes better with the stories of others.

Last edited by Fujiko Totoyama on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:30 pm; edited 3 times in total

View user profile

14 Re: Hi, I'm new here on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:22 pm

Nice to have a new giantess...if only the server was up! lol

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum