In total there are 5 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

Daente Valhalla, Daroine Wolf, Jake Kajar, Mintberry

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 50 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Character LOD Fix

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Character LOD Fix on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:09 am

So, uh, I may or may not have just figured out how to keep all models in their highest LOD level. I'll be testing the fix in the coming days, and if it works, I'll post it to you all.

(And for those who don't know what a LOD is, it stands for Level of Detail. They're used in games to reduce the strain on computing power by displaying lower detail models at higher distances. Or in layman's terms, it's what makes giantesses not as awesome looking until you're literally underneath them.)

Last edited by Nuitari on Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

2 Re: Character LOD Fix on Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:15 am

After an initial test in game...

...my process works.

If anyone would mind helping me with this endeavor, I will be able to explain the process in detail. I ask for assistance since there are a total of 100 Paks between the females of the two races to edit.

(Since I assume there will be little to no need for the males to be fixed. Unless there's a lot of demand for it.)

View user profile

3 Re: Character LOD Fix on Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:01 am

Totally excited by this because I'm completely sick of seeing the elegant shoes I spent hours picking out reduced to blocky chunks when I feel like bring a quarter mile tall and showing myself off. I haven't even found time to log into the game yet, so I'll be useless for assistance. Just wanted to say that I'm excited.

View user profile http://didactsandnarpets.deviantart.com

4 Re: Character LOD Fix on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:06 am

Wow. This is fantastic news! This is a problem that's been annoying everyone since this whole thing started. I don't have the time today, but I'll be happy to help all I can once I get off of work on Saturday. So if you could kindly go into detail (do it over PM, please) I'll get to helping you as soon as I can.

View user profile http://giantessroleplay.forumotion.com

5 Re: Character LOD Fix on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:14 am

Since it involves modifying .PAK files, I'm guessing it's not easily reversible once implemented, right? If my computer can run Aion capably (once it finishes downloading, ~56% right now), then I might use this trick to take some really good screenshots, but It probably wouldn't be practical for me for everyday play.

If it's reversible though, then it definitely has some potential. Ah, I wish I could just get a better computer and not have to worry about this crap.

View user profile

6 Re: Character LOD Fix on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:27 am

Fujiko Totoyama wrote:Since it involves modifying .PAK files, I'm guessing it's not easily reversible once implemented, right? If my computer can run Aion capably (once it finishes downloading, ~56% right now), then I might use this trick to take some really good screenshots, but It probably wouldn't be practical for me for everyday play.

If it's reversible though, then it definitely has some potential. Ah, I wish I could just get a better computer and not have to worry about this crap.

Well, what you could do is copy and paste all of your .pak files into a backup folder. Once the .pak files are altered to solve the LOD, copy and paste them into yet another backup backup folder. Then, once you're done needing the bigger LOD, you can just copy and paste the default files back into your folder. So you'll be able to revert it back like that and will also be able to switch to higher LOD again if needed.

Basically, if you keep both versions of the .pak files in a nifty, seperate folder, you'll be able to revert it as often as you'd like.

View user profile http://giantessroleplay.forumotion.com

7 Re: Character LOD Fix on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:46 am

Sounds like a plan. Guess I'll have to worry about the specifics once I actually get the darn thing downloaded.

View user profile

8 Re: Character LOD Fix on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:51 am

Great job, Ghost, and glad to see you here Razz

View user profile

9 Re: Character LOD Fix on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:52 am

This must be history's longest download. I'll alert Guinness, we'll be observing with our stopwatches. Through your window. While you sleep.

<3

View user profile http://didactsandnarpets.deviantart.com

10 Re: Character LOD Fix on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:10 am

Kaneda wrote:This must be history's longest download. I'll alert Guinness, we'll be observing with our stopwatches. Through your window. While you sleep.

<3
I know, right? Seriously, I have no clue why, but I'm getting like 46 kb/s, on what's suppoed to be a 100 Mbps line. I don't even think it's the seeders (although only one of them is giving me more than 1 kB/s speed). I'm thinking it might be my ISP.

View user profile

11 Re: Character LOD Fix on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:15 pm

I'd be willing to help if you can schedule a specific time for it.

View user profile

12 Re: Character LOD Fix on Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:29 pm

No schedule needed for this, and the work will be extremely easy to divvy up. As there are 100 different paks to edit, 50 per female of each race (actually, I think it's 51, but I'm too tired to care), it's nothing more than deciding who edits which pak.

The process itself is likewise simple, and I'll be making it even simpler for my volunteers. Just some copying, pasting, and renaming.

The way we'll do it will be simple. Volunteers will be sent via some file share website a zip file containing the contents of a pak. They'll unzip it, make the required edits, zip it back up (which will likely make it smaller than it previously was, but that's okay!) and send it back to me. With this method, volunteers will be able to do as much work as they're able, at the time they're able.

View user profile

13 Re: Character LOD Fix on Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:09 pm

Nuitari wrote:No schedule needed for this, and the work will be extremely easy to divvy up. As there are 100 different paks to edit, 50 per female of each race (actually, I think it's 51, but I'm too tired to care), it's nothing more than deciding who edits which pak.

The process itself is likewise simple, and I'll be making it even simpler for my volunteers. Just some copying, pasting, and renaming.

The way we'll do it will be simple. Volunteers will be sent via some file share website a zip file containing the contents of a pak. They'll unzip it, make the required edits, zip it back up (which will likely make it smaller than it previously was, but that's okay!) and send it back to me. With this method, volunteers will be able to do as much work as they're able, at the time they're able.
I volunteer, seems a task easy enough to allow even me to do it ahahah. shall i pm you anything nui?

View user profile

14 Re: Character LOD Fix on Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:11 pm

If its only 100/102 files then just give em all to me. Cool

View user profile

15 Re: Character LOD Fix on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:50 pm

This post is for my personal organization, and to allow everyone else to see the progress of the project. Volunteers can IM me with which pak they want to tackle.

Current Progress
Asmodian Female: 0%
Elyos Female: 72%

df (Asmodian Female)
Mesh_Meshes_000
Mesh_Meshes_001
Mesh_Meshes_002
Mesh_Meshes_003
Mesh_Meshes_004
Mesh_Meshes_005
Mesh_Meshes_006
Mesh_Meshes_007
Mesh_Meshes_008
Mesh_Meshes_009
Mesh_Meshes_010
Mesh_Meshes_011
Mesh_Meshes_012
Mesh_Meshes_013
Mesh_Meshes_014
Mesh_Meshes_015
Mesh_Meshes_016
Mesh_Meshes_017
Mesh_Meshes_018
Mesh_Meshes_019
Mesh_Meshes_020
Mesh_Meshes_021
Mesh_Meshes_022
Mesh_Meshes_023
Mesh_Meshes_024
Mesh_Meshes_025
Mesh_Meshes_026
Mesh_Meshes_027
Mesh_Meshes_028
Mesh_Meshes_029
Mesh_Meshes_030
Mesh_Meshes_031
Mesh_Meshes_032
Mesh_Meshes_033
Mesh_Meshes_034
Mesh_Meshes_035
Mesh_Meshes_036
Mesh_Meshes_037
Mesh_Meshes_038
Mesh_Meshes_039
Mesh_Meshes_040
Mesh_Meshes_041
Mesh_Meshes_042
Mesh_Meshes_043
Mesh_Meshes_044
Mesh_Meshes_045
Mesh_Meshes_046
Mesh_Meshes_047
Mesh_Meshes_048
Mesh_Meshes_049
Mesh_Meshes_050

lf (Elyos Female)
Mesh_Meshes_000 (DONE)
Mesh_Meshes_001 (DONE by Silas)
Mesh_Meshes_002 (DONE)
Mesh_Meshes_003 (DONE)
Mesh_Meshes_004 (DONE)
Mesh_Meshes_005 (DONE by Silas)
Mesh_Meshes_006 (DONE)
Mesh_Meshes_007 (DONE by Silas)
Mesh_Meshes_008 (DONE by Silas)
Mesh_Meshes_009 (DONE by Silas)
Mesh_Meshes_010 (DONE)
Mesh_Meshes_011 (DONE by Silas)
Mesh_Meshes_012 (DONE by Silas)
Mesh_Meshes_013 (DONE by Silas)
Mesh_Meshes_014 (DONE by MrGuy0250)
Mesh_Meshes_015 (DONE)
Mesh_Meshes_016 (DONE by Silas)
Mesh_Meshes_017 (DONE by Silas)
Mesh_Meshes_018 (DONE by Silas)
Mesh_Meshes_019 (DONE by Silas)
Mesh_Meshes_020 (DONE by Silas)
Mesh_Meshes_021 (DONE by Silas)
Mesh_Meshes_022 (DONE by Silas)
Mesh_Meshes_023 (DONE by Silas)
Mesh_Meshes_024 (DONE by Silas)
Mesh_Meshes_025 (Edit in Progress by MrGuy0250)
Mesh_Meshes_026 (DONE by Silas)
Mesh_Meshes_027 (DONE by Silas)
Mesh_Meshes_028 (DONE by Silas)
Mesh_Meshes_029 (DONE by Silas)
Mesh_Meshes_030 (DONE by Silas)
Mesh_Meshes_031 (DONE by Silas)
Mesh_Meshes_032 (DONE by Silas)
Mesh_Meshes_033 (DONE by Silas)
Mesh_Meshes_034 (DONE by Silas)
Mesh_Meshes_035 (DONE by Silas)
Mesh_Meshes_036 (DONE by Silas)
Mesh_Meshes_037
Mesh_Meshes_038
Mesh_Meshes_039
Mesh_Meshes_040
Mesh_Meshes_041
Mesh_Meshes_042
Mesh_Meshes_043
Mesh_Meshes_044
Mesh_Meshes_045
Mesh_Meshes_046
Mesh_Meshes_047
Mesh_Meshes_048
Mesh_Meshes_049
Mesh_Meshes_050

Last edited by Nuitari on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:37 pm; edited 11 times in total

View user profile

16 Re: Character LOD Fix on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:14 pm

Assign 002-004 or whatever it was I had to someone else, I've run into problems with my computer and need to reformat it and I'm cutting down on as much data to back up as possible so I won't be available to help at all for a few days.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum